Friday, June 29, 2007

APPLE, AT&T, CINGULAR, IPHONE FRENZY

I dont know what to make of this frenzy surrounding the I phone. I mean the world went bananas when Verizon dropped the motorola Q phone, and in just six months, the phone went from $400 to $99 for the christmas holiday. Now with the backing and superior technology that apple seems to give it's products, I am sure that the new I phone will not meet the same fate as the motorola Q, however, I would be hesitant to jump into a new phone that would cost me $499 for the 4 gig, $599 for the 8 gig, with a minimum of $60 a month phone bill, not including roll over, taxes and service charges, on a 2 year contract. You do the math. You are looking @ 2K, $2000, on the lowest rate plan that cingular, of excuse me, the "new at&t, has to offer. Lines have already begone to form in most metropolitan cities.

"Customers were camped out at Apple and AT&T stores across the nation. The gadget, which combines the functions of a cell phone, iPod media player and wireless Web browser, will go on sale in the United States at 6 p.m. in each time zone.

At Apple's flagship store in New York, the line snaked around the block as would-be customers brought a dog, an inflatable couch and good spirits". (Yahoo news)


Everyone wants to be the coolest person in the office with the newest phone. I am just saying, be careful, but if you do buy the new I phone, please enjoy it and let me know how you like it.

No comments: