Friday, September 21, 2007

Europeans do it better

So upon my return to the states from abroad. I have concluded that european men and women simply dress better than people in the states. Now this is totally my opinion, if yours differs, who cares, this is my blog, just kidding. However I am serious about Europeans dressing better than Americans.

Last week I had the pleasure of traveling to London and to Italy. Lets first talk about what I saw in London.

London is the best place to go if you want to find great variations of dress shirts. They have the standard british spread collar, which is my personal favorite, as well as the 2 button tall collar with the extreme wide spread collar to accomodate the over size tie knot that a lot of gentlemen are wearing these days, as well as all the other standard cuts that you will also see in the states. I was surprised to see many stores dedicated simply to one particular item, not all over the place like most stores here in the states. If the store intended to sell dress shirts, then they displyed dress shirts in a major way. the merchandising as well as the customer service in this city was awesome.
The one thing that I did not care for was the fact that every store seemed to be on the same sale candence. So that meant that whatever store we went to pretty much had the same promotion as the one previous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must add my two cents and let you know that European men and women set the standard and the pulse in fashion for the whole world. After living in Europe for many years and marrying there, fashion is a valued asset in every household and streets! N.B.